Sunday, January 15, 2017

Week 2 2017: Travel Screws up my Routines!

This week sort of kicked my butt.  After returning home from Savannah on Sunday last week, I didn't have much time to get things in order before I was traveling again. 

My week started out fine on Monday, with me heading into the office for a meeting.  I was out of there by noon, so that I could take my daughter and I to the dentist.  I managed to get in a run that night before dinner.  But then things got a little crazy. 

I had to rise super early on Tuesday morning in order to catch a flight to New Orleans for a meeting that day.  That means the alarm went off at 3:25 am!! Ugh!  I knew this was going to be a long day.  And it was. I had hoped to get a yoga routine in and that did not happen.

A couple good things, though.  One, on my way to New Orleans, the flight had TVs on the back of each seat and they had free movies you could watch.  I watched Bad Moms and I thought it was hilarious.  I was laughing out loud while watching it and the gentleman sitting next to me would lean over to see what I was laughing at.  I am sure I was annoying him.  If you want a funny, girly/friendship movie, watch it.  I'm telling you, it had me in stitches. 

Two, I got to eat at Deanie's that night.  I have been to New Orleans before and eaten at Deanie's.  It's very well known and been around forever.  It was on Man vs Food, I think, or one of those travel channel shows.  If you ever get the chance you have to try Deanie's.  They are known for their barbeque shrimp dish, where the shrimp have their heads on and they are swimming in this delicious barbeque sauce.  It's really messy, so I didn't get it this time and instead ordered the crawfish etouffee and it was delicious!! 

Wednesday is was back up at the crack of dawn to head back home.  I didn't make it back home until the evening.  I was supposed to run and all I wanted to do was relax on the couch.  So that's what I did.

Thursday I had to head back to the work office for a training.  I did manage to get in yoga that night.  We had a new teacher and I liked her routine.  It was different from what I was used to doing and it felt great. 

Friday was a work from home day.  I finally managed to catch up on my emails and take care of some things that were burning out of control.  I also managed to get a run in at the end of the day before we headed out to eat and darn it if I didn't order chicken wings.  Once again, I did not do very good this week, diet wise. 

Saturday I spent the evening with a couple of girlfriends catching up over dinner and drinks.  It was nice to catch up with them as it had been a month since I had seen them last.

Today I managed to get in a yoga workout and a run.  As far as my reading goes, I wasn't able to get much read this week.  I am reading Bloodspell by Amalie Howard.  I have to confess that it isn't holding my attention.  It has taken me over a week to get halfway through it.  I am debating whether or not to continue.  I have book club next Thursday and need to start that book.  Ugh! 

How was your week?  Are you keeping to your resolutions or struggling like me?

1 comment:

Rowena said...

Wow, you sure do travel a lot. That's got to be awesome to see so much of the US for work.

I enjoyed Bad Moms too. That movie had me cracking up all over the place.

Have a great week, Jill!