Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Review - Not Another Bad Date



Title: Not Another Bad Date
Author: Rachel Gibson
Publishing Date: 2008
Genre: Contemporary
Rating: B+
Sensuality: Hot
Book Disclosure: I downloaded an audio book from my library.

Not Another Bad Date is the final installment in Rachel Gibson's Writer Friends Quartet. Adele Harris is a successful Science Fiction author who suffers from the worst case of dating bad luck. The last man she was serious about when psycho on her and since then every date ends in disaster. Adele's sister needs her help, so off to her home town of Texas she goes to help her out. While in town, Adele runs into her college sweetheart, the man she was never able to get over. Zach Zemaitis pro-football player, turned high school coach, ambles back into her life.

Not Another Bad Date was a really enjoyable book. As a matter of fact, I think this one is my favorites by Rachel Gibson, thus far. (I have only read three or four of her books, for what it's worth). Anyway, this book had a lot going for it, sweet poignant flashbacks of Adele and Zach's young budding relationship, zany evil ex-wife, pre-pubescent teenage girls, fantastic funny dialogue and great sexual tension. Can you tell this book has a lot going for it???

Not Another Bad Date is both funny and poignant. The characters Adele and Zach are fun to read about. I thought they were both smart and stupid about each other. But that is what made this book an entertaining read for me. It kept me laughing and wanting to cry or shout all at the same time. At some points it feels a little silly, but then there are other points where the author really touches on a real emotion. I think this is a fun, easy read for someone who enjoys contemporary romance.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

I've read a couple of the books in this series and thought they were cute. I'll have to look this one up thanks!

Jill D. said...

Hey Tracy - Some of Rachel Gibson's books are hit or miss for me. This one I really liked. I hope you do give it a try and you don't have to have read the other books in the series to read this one.

Rowena said...

Rachel Gibson is one of those authors that writes the books that will drive me crazy one minute (to the point of violence) and then have me laughing like a loon the next minute, followed by having me get all sigh happy the next...it's why I love her stuff. =)

Great review, I re-read this series at least once a year. I love it!

Jill D. said...

Hey Rowena! LOL, I just love an author who can drive you crazy and make you laugh at the same time. I loved that this book made me feel all sorts of emotions. It's the mark of a good author. Glad to hear you enjoyed it too.