Thursday, December 16, 2010

A Nice Surprise!



In the mornings I leave myself an extra twenty minutes in the morning when I am getting ready for work to have time to read while I eat my breakfast and drink my coffee. Last night I had just finished Fancy Pants by Susan Elizabeth Phillips - really interesting book by-the-way, I can't wait to tell you my thoughts on it.

So this morning I was in the mood to read Marry Me, Jo Goodman's latest release. I don't have the book in my TBR pile, but lucky for me I have a Nook eReader and I can download the book in a heartbeat. To my pleasant surprise when I went to purchase the book I discovered that it was FREE!!!

Yep, for whatever reason Barnes and Noble is offering Marry Me in the Nook eBook format for FREE. If you have a Nook or the Barnes and Noble eReader app for your smart phone you can get it for free. Also, Amazon is offering the Kindle eBook for free as well. Be sure to check it out.


More Free Books

Also, I recently received an email from Sourcebooks letting me know that in honor of Jane Austin's birthday, certain books will be available for FREE.

Below I have posted the message I was sent. It looks like these books are only available for one day, so act fast!!!

Sourcebooks, the world’s leading publisher of Jane Austen fiction, is offering a unique deal to readers who want to celebrate Jane by reading special editions of all six of Austen’s beloved novels in a 21st century format.

Special e-book editions of Pride and Prejudice, Emma, Sense and Sensibility, Northanger Abbey, Persuasion and Mansfield Park will be available for free for one day only. These celebratory editions include the full novels, plus the legendary color illustrations of the Brock brothers, originally created to accompany the books in 1898.

In addition to the Jane Austen classics, readers can also enjoy these bestselling Austen-inspired novels. The following bestselling e-books will be free on December 16th in honor of her birthday:

Eliza’s Daughter by Joan Aiken
The Darcys & the Bingleys by Marsha Altman
Mr. Darcy Takes a Wife by Linda Berdoll
What Would Jane Austen Do? by Laurie Brown
The Pemberley Chronicles by Rebecca Ann Collins
The Other Mr. Darcy by Monica Fairview
Mr. Darcy’s Diary by Amanda Grange
Mr. & Mrs. Fitzwilliam Darcy: Two Shall Become One by Sharon Lathan
Lydia Bennet’s Story by Jane Odiwe
Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy by Abigail Reynolds

Available wherever eBooks are sold.

I downloaded Mr. Darcy Takes a Wife by Linda Berdoll.  I loved that book.  Whew is it sexy!!  Ms. Austin would be rolling in her grave if she ever read that book.

1 comment:

Maija said...

I downloaded the Goodman book and also some other "free" historical romance (Elizabeth Essex: The Pursuit of Pleasure) to my Kindle. Freebies are never free here in Finland, but they do have a lower price (2.30 dollars). I started the Essex book first and I've liked it so far!