Monday, March 8, 2010

Review - Dead as a Doornail



Title: Dead as a Doornail
Author: Charlaine Harris
Publishing Date: 2005
Genre: Paranormal/Mystery
Rating: B+
Sensuality: Subtle
Book Disclosure: I recieved a new copy as a gift from a friend. (My friend is not connected the book industry).

Dead as a Doornail is the 5th book in the Southern Vampire Series by Charlaine Harris. A sniper is at large in Sookie's small town. The victims of the shootings all have one thing in common, shifter blood. One of Sookie's own family members is in danger, as well as her good friend Sam. She plans to uncover the shooter's identity before any more people get hurt, but as usual Sookie finds herself the one in need of help.

This series just keeps getting better and better. I am really having a hard time deciding on which book is my favorite so far. The world building is very good and keeps getting more and more interesting. There are more characters and new supernatural creatures that are being introduced. What's up with the fairies? That is what I'd like to know!

From a romance standpoint, I want to know what direction the series is going to go in. Sookie has about a half-dozen men vying for her attention. It makes me really curious as to who Sookie is going to choose to be her beau. At this point, I am not really sure who I am rooting for and I suppose that Sookie feels the same way. I do hope that she is going to get her happy ever after at some point, though.

Here is what others had to say:

I'm Booking It
Reading With Tequila
World According to Books
Read React Review

This book can be purchased in print or kindle format from Amazon

5 comments:

Christine said...

So good to see this series is still working for you at book five. Especially since I have the first six or seven of them on my shelves and completely unread!

I just finished Charlaine Harris' Lily Bard Mystery series and loved it so much.. I'm hoping I'll enjoy the Sookie series just as much!

Jill D. said...

Christine,

I am really enjoying the Sookie series. I want to try and get caught up by April. I'll have a chance to meet Charlaine Harris at the RT convention this year. I doubt that I will, though. This new job is kicking my butt right now!

~ames~ said...

I love love love this series! LOL

I love the book where Eric loses his memory, that's my fave out of the series.

Jill D. said...

Ames - Yes, I enjoyed Eric losing his memory too! I am chomping at the bit to get to the next one, Definitely Dead. I had it on reserve at the library and I because of my new job I wasn't able to pick it up on time and I lost my hold. Darn it!!

~ames~ said...

That sucks!! So how long do you have to wait to get now?